Thursday, September 29, 2011

If ur gonna get fucked might as well get paid

Ok, so there’s a title I didn’t think I’d ever read!
However, according to some credible news sources in Australia, it appears that stressed out nurses are quitting hospital work and turning to prostitution as a source of income.
I have to say that regardless of claims that prostitution is safer than ever, it stills stands that these two “careers” really don’t go together. With all that we have learned about looking after ourselves and focusing on holistic care, prostituting yourself is a bad idea. Not only physically, but also emotionally, spiritually. If you really want to limit your sense of self-worth, wreck your self-esteem and discover what it feels like to be a pure object used for someone else’s gratification, you’ll find it in prostitution. That’s not what nurses stand for, is it?
Additionally, I can’t imagine how gross it must be having to pretend you’re interested (sexually) in complete strangers!
While prostitution is not something I’ll ever be checking out personally, I have worked in nursing for long enough and seen enough naked people that I really should make mention of another dilemma that sex workers must have to face – the reality of how many people look naked! Let me assure you, it’s not always what glamourised fashion magazines make things out to be. For example, issues such as obesity and the lack of personal hygiene seen in many people would not do anything to help the self esteem of any prostitute.
Obviously there are lots of exceptions to this, but to reach a point where you invite strangers to strip down and hop in your bed!? I’m a little dumbfounded. Not to mention I’m sure there’s a fair share of losers, creeps and psycho’s that also frequent brothels….
What’s also amazing about this is that the story doesn’t proclaim that a single nurse has left the profession to sell themselves on the street, but that several have jumped on the bandwagon.
“The mother of two with 10 years’ experience as a registered nurse, who wanted to be known only as Jenna, has told how she and at least four of her colleagues have found new jobs working in brothels.”
Let me just add that there are specific reasons why these people have decided to leave the hospitals and seek alternative income sources, and this post does not really expand on these reasons: that nurses are exhausted, demoralised, under-staffed and stressed.
I agree! I work under these same conditions frequently. It’s tiring physically and mentally to work as a nurse in Queensland right now, not to mention that you work crazy hours with serious ramifications when you mess up, and the pay is not super-great.
Regardless of this…. prostitution? Really?! Check out this personal account by a former prostitute in Australia:
“I know about trafficking first hand. I was enticed into the prostitution trade as a young single mother with bills to pay, and once trapped I was unable to escape until 20 years later.
I wasn’t trapped by force. Some are, because pimps can be pretty vicious – but I had no pimp. I was trapped by the easy money which lulled me into thinking that the physical and mental pain I went through was worth it. It was never worth it. It destroys you. Even though I have now been out of the sex industry for nearly eight years, I am still in recovery and probably always will be.” - Linda Watson

3 comments:

  1. Proudly tossin my boobs over my shoulders n goin back 2 workSeptember 29, 2011 at 8:15 PM

    Lmao.......i know sex is a stress reliever but i dont know if id get paid for a job well done or if id have 2 pay them ( trust me i look better with my clothes on lol)
    I dont want 2 switch careers and end up owing b4 i get started
    I think i will keep my job here until they find a reason 2 fire me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u for whoever sent this article in fits nice .....funny stuff boob tosser above

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna: I am willing to pimp myself out. Make more money for less work and stress. Just would have to close my eyes and imagine being somewhere else. I guess when I get to gl I close my eye and wish I was somewhere else to. Hhmmm

    ReplyDelete

Please comment and spread the word select anonymous From profile then submit